Wednesday 15 June 2016

30 Days Wild (Day 15) Community Gardens

Today's blog is a spiritual sequel to last weeks 'around the block' blog. I am fortunate enough to live within a mile or so of two community gardens. With the weather being so ropey tonight I took a walk to the closer Battlefield Community garden. Right now the garden is full of wonderful flowers and as always is in great condition. The raised bed are full of colour and the garden is pure perfection. The ornamental poppies are breath taking and they really are worth seeing with the other lush colours and greens.

Community gardens are a great new addition over the last few years to many cities and suburbs - I wish they were as common where and when I grew up. Many of them run like an open allotment which is good for people either not able to get an allotment or unable to commit to such an endeavor. They also serve as learning institutions - places where kids can learn about nature and important garden skills.

flower viewing -
finding a hole
in my rain jacket

More info on the garden here

More info on 30 days wild
Follow me on twitter for more

No comments:

Post a Comment