Sunday, 14 June 2015

URL Sangha update and schedule

So I’ve been hosting now for three-four weeks and I guess it is a good idea to organise a proper weekly schedule that we can all work towards. With this the official schedule has been decided and will be for four days a week, giving enough space to encourage any future hosts. So the day and times going forward: Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays at 8pm & Saturday 8am. When I started hosting I planned on doing four a week but I’ve rarely missed a day and I will continue to organise impromptu events as long as there is a need and I have the free time to do so. All these can accessed on the google hangouts page and keeping up-to-date with the redditation page is also advised. 

The group has been growing lately and we now have regular attendees. It is starting to feel like a regular sangha. I’ve the  noticed unique personalities and started to understand the individual needs of the people in the hangout sits. It’s a unique privilege to gain insight into the different needs of people on this similar yet different path. Highlighting my own way in knew and exciting ways it helps me assess my own progress and realign and focus on what I am learning. 

And it is learning. I tend to avoid calling the sits a class because it naturally reverts to a traditional understanding of a class dichotomy made up of teacher and student relationship. This is not the case as everyone naturally teaches and encourages each other, so in one sense it is like a class, but in another it is not. It’s not helpful to get bogged down in these semantics so it’s time to shut up and sit down again. 

______________

a starry night -
going back home 
through a longer path


Zohreh Zahedi

No comments:

Post a Comment